Monday, December 8, 2008

FAVORITE THINGS AT CHRISTMAS


This is one of the most wonderful gifts I have ever received at Christmas. It was given to me by Anne Busse and Betty Ling. Betty is the most creative person I have ever known. She made the entire thing. St. Nick stands about 3 foot and holds a bag full of goodies in his hand. Each part of St. Nick is a reminder of a story connected to the Mountain Women. He is wearing a mink cape that once belonged to my granny(given to her by her oldest daughter...she was so proud when she wore it) The Teddy Bear represents me(I love Teddy's) The clown beside the bear stands for Anne, who is, not only a storyteller and animal groomer, but also a professional clown. He wears a turtle pin to remind us of the story "The Goofs". A patchwork cloak representing "The Patchwork Coat". A bag of peppermint candy sticks representing the story "Selfish". A basket with an egg in it..."Hole in the Basket". And a candle for "Twist Mouth". Now you know the rest of the story.

No comments: